“Where will procurement be in ten years time if it continues to work as it traditionally has?”
This question, or others like it, is raised frequently in commentary on the profession and in discussions with senior procurement practitioners and advisors. Answers vary, but a common theme that emerges is that if procurement is to stay relevant, it needs to become a problem solver or solutions provider. Most procurement functions declare that they wish to be strategic business partners, working with their internal and external stakeholders to deliver solutions, yet too often procurement is still seen as the ‘gatekeeper’ or ‘policeman of process’. While the intentions of procurement are absolutely on the right track, stakeholder perceptions are slow to change.
In order to change those perceptions procurement needs to ‘Break the Mould’ that has traditionally bound it.
Supporting the theme with action, the conference format will also ‘break the mould with a number of sessions that will actively engage delegates in interactive workshops or round-table discussions.
The 7th Annual PASA Premier ConfeX will be a fun, varied two days that will make you think about how you can ‘break the mould’ and provide you with some tools to help you on your journey.
I look forward to seeing you in Melbourne
Managing Director, PASA
• Understand why ‘breaking the mould’ is critical to the future of procurement
• Learn how Lean-agile Procurement can enable you to Break the Mould
• Hear examples of exceptional innovative projects as the 2019 awards finalists ‘pitch’ their submissions
• Participate in thought-provoking interactive workshops that will challenge traditional thinking
• Acquire practical tools to equip you to achieve remarkable results in the workplace
• Network and learn with and from your peers at Melbourne’s premier procurement gathering
PASA Conferences attract a broad spectrum of procurement professionals, from Chief Procurement Officers to category and contracts managers. The programme for the Premier ConfeX has broad appeal, with content that should be vital to:
• CPO’s, Heads of Procurement/Commercial, General Managers – essentially whoever is responsible for the managing of the procurement function
• Procurement managers/officers, category managers, vendor managers, contracts officers/managers, supplier relationship managers, commercial managers, procurement analysts, sourcing managers, procurement/sourcing specialists etc.
• C-suite Executives with responsibility for procurement – Come along and see what other organisations are doing and gain ideas as to how to draw more value from your procurement function
• Suppliers – If you work in sales, business development or account management, dealing with procurement, then you should not miss this opportunity to learn more about where procurement is heading and how this impacts on how you relate.
The PASA Procurement Awards were launched in 2016 to identify and recognize those organisations, from both the buy and supply sides, who have demonstrated exceptional qualities to drive new value for their organisation or customers.
The 2019 Awards will focus on the 2019 theme of ‘Breaking the mould’, with finalists being invited to ‘pitch’ their submission to the audience for voting on day one of the Melbourne ConfeX.
In 2019 we have decided just to focus on the main buyer award as described above.
For further information on the awards please click here